Hi! We're Broadway Media.
Our Mission: We break down barriers to the Performing Arts by innovating on everyday technology to create resources that help build a more informed, empowered and creative world.
Our Vision: Universal access to the joy of theatre-making.
• Be of Service. Through our products, our work with Theatre Makers, and to each other, we strive to cultivate an environment that empowers creativity, with our simple mission in mind: make theatre more accessible.
• Lead with integrity. We believe in the power of being forthright in the pursuit of our mission, boldly innovate in technology and art to bring the joy of theatre to everyone, and proudly accept responsibility for the work we do.
• Celebrate creativity. We believe in elevating great ideas, no matter where they come from, recognizing every team member’s contribution to our achievements and the success of Theatre Makers everywhere.
• Be great. In our mutual obligations to each other and our customers, we ask ourselves how we can exceed the achievements of our previous work, every time.
• Love to learn. We work hard at our personal and collective dedication to learning, and believe that investing in our team leads to better work and a better industry.
Quentin E. Sanford founded the company in 2013, acting as the creative director and manager, alongside a ragtag team that included Nathan Ramos in art development and Laura Facciani in customer service.
Sanford grew up at a community theatre, performing almost daily and working behind-the-scenes in sets, costumes and lighting his entire childhood. Early in his career he lived in New York City and surrounded himself with the energy and vibrancy of the epicenter of theatre world. During that period, Sanford attended the Broadway production of his favorite show, “Guys and Dolls" which featured animated projection design and that experience prompted the first inspiration for BMD.
From that moment, Quentin began working towards providing innovative technology and media to smaller theatrical groups, starting with Scenic Projections.His goal was simple: take complex technology and develop effective, intuitive products and services that are affordable for the broad network of theatre, especially focused on the amateur community.
Initially founded as "Broadway Motion Design", we changed our legal name to Broadway Media Distribution, Inc. in 2016 and re-established ourselves with the acronym BMD. Today, we're known as simply "Broadway Media". The change was a key transitional moment from Sanford's early-idea to provide beautifully crafted projections to all theatres; and expanded our impact on theatre through exciting global partnerships, new product development and proven distribution channels, which cemented our small-business as the go-to source for theatrical resources.
BMD has always been and will continue to be focused on its customers and the unique needs of the theatre industry. We are a proud team of dedicated thespians, dreamers, doers and artists; and we are all so thankful to be working in an industry we hold so dearly. That shared thespian attitude is the heart and soul of our business.
Interested in working together?
• We're always looking for talented and inspired individuals to join our growing team. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• DesignWorks Licensing Representation services provide new royalty potential for your artwork. Send your inquiry to email@example.com
• Internships. BMD runs three paid internships in Administration, Design, and Technical / Production Management. These internships have been designed to offer individuals exciting and valuable experience within the industry during the early stages of their career. Each internship runs for a period of ten calendar months during which the candidates are treated as full and valued members of the BMD team and given access to mentoring and training opportunities as well as hands on experience. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org